A privacy or high-security fence is not always the most attractive thing, as they are typically built for function and not for beauty. If your privacy fence is detracting from the beauty of your home, consider adding some landscaping to the surrounding area. If you are ready for a great weekend project for this long weekend, here are our favorite tips for landscaping your privacy fence.
Do you love spending time in the tropics when you aren’t living it up in the suburbs? Landscape your privacy fence with a tropical theme by incorporating and adding:
- Many different lush plants to remind you of the tropics. Look for plants and flowers with large leaves, bright flowers, and ones that will be able to survive in a slightly different climate. Some of these plants include Northern Catalpa, Pawpaw, Rhododendron, Amaranth, and Tiger Eyes Sumac.
- Grow plants in clusters so that they create a canopy over your living space, but keep in mind that branches should not hang over your privacy fence to avoid any damage.
- Stain or paint your privacy fence a natural color so that it blends in with the beachy vibe of the rest of your landscaping. Looking for the right material? A lattice privacy fence or a cedar fence will be a perfect choice.
- Add tiki torches and a tiki bar for a truly tropical feel that guests will really love when they come over to your house.
General Privacy Fence Landscaping Tips
When landscaping around your privacy fence, keep the following general tips in mind:
- Try to integrate your fence landscaping in with the rest of your hardscaping and landscaping so that everything blends together.
- Don’t forget that your privacy fence might limit the amount of sunlight that your plants are receiving, so only choose plants that don’t need massive amounts of sun or shade.
- A privacy fence creates a microclimate in your yard, which will directly affect the plants that you plant around it.
Ready for a Cost-Effective Fence Installation?
Call Hercules Fence of Norfolk and Virginia Beach for your fencing needs. We have decades of experience in the fencing industry, and can offer you the best in ornamental steel, chain link, wooden fences and more. Our dedicated teams of fencing professionals are highly trained, skilled, and experienced in providing quality fence installations of any type. We’ll work with you to find a fence that bests suits your needs and budget.
Contact Hercules Fence of Virginia Beach at (757) 321-6700, drop in, or contact us on our website to learn more about spring fence construction! You can keep up to date with offers and information from Hercules Fence of Virginia Beach on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter.