Installing a new fence, whether at a residential or commercial property, is always fun and expensive. With deceptively small “per square foot” numbers adding up quickly (who knew you had that much square footage in your yard?!), it can be tempting to cut corners and save money. However, there are other ways that you can intelligently save money on a new fence installation. Here are some of our favorite tips for saving money and getting a quality new fence installation.
What Material Are You Using?
The material almost always dictates how much your final fence installation will cost. Keep in mind the type of fencing material you chose and how much fence you need to have installed. The cost of installation is always done by the lineal foot, so it evens out to a flat rate.
- Chain link fencing is typically the least expensive fencing material available, and it costs about $3-6 a square foot. Chain link works well for basic security and containing kids and pets.
- Wood fencing is a bit more expensive but a whole lot more beautiful. Factors that influence your cost include the type of wood you choose, the height of the fence, and any decorative flourishes you want to add.
- Vinyl fencing is lightweight, easy to install, and very easy to maintain. It isn’t ideal for security fencing and costs anywhere from $4-12 per square foot.
- Aluminum and wrought iron are the two most expensive fencing materials, but they offer a lot in terms of elegance, high security, and longevity.
How Much Will Labor Cost?
Labor cost can be much higher than the actual cost of material, depending on how large and complex your fence is. What could raise your cost of labor and lead to anything but saving money?
- Do you have a slope on your land?
- Does your yard have a lot of obstructions like trees, pre-existing structures, or vegetation?
- Are there underground electrical wires in the area you want to install your fence?
- Does your fence installation require any permits or permission from the HOA?
All of these things can increase the cost of your fence!
Get in Touch with Hercules Fence of Virginia Beach Today!
Call Hercules Fence of Norfolk and Virginia Beach for your fencing needs. We have decades of experience in the fencing industry, and can offer you the best in ornamental steel, chain link, wooden fences and more. Our dedicated teams of fencing professionals are highly trained, skilled, and experienced in providing quality fence installations of any type. We’ll work with you to find a fence that bests suits your needs and budget.
Contact Hercules Fence of Virginia Beach at (757) 321-6700, drop in, or contact us on our website to learn more about spring fence construction! You can keep up to date with offers and information from Hercules Fence of Virginia Beach on Facebook, Google+,Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter.