Wood fences provide a classic look and are very durable as fencing materials. Depending on the type of cleaning and the amount you’d have to do, cleaning and/or staining a wooden fence doesn’t have to be that difficult at all. All you’ll need is a water hose or power washer, wood stain in your desired color (don’t use paint), bleach or a wood cleaning solution and if you so desire you can get plastic sheets to put on your grass to protect it. The recommended time frame for cleaning and staining your fence is three to five years.
Here are some steps to clean and stain your wooden fence:
- If you’re using the protective plastic sheeting for the grass, lay it down on the grass before you start applying any solutions to your fence. This protects the grass from any chemicals that may be in the cleaner.
- Mix up 1 part bleach and 2 parts water in a large bucket. In place of the water/bleach combination, you can also buy professional wood cleaning solution to use in the cleaning of your wooden fence. If you use the wood cleaning solution, apply it and allow it to soak until you notice your wood fence brighten.
- Use a power washer or hose to wash off your wooden fence. For tougher stains, it might be better to use the power washer.
- After washing the fence off, allow it to air dry. If there are still issues of the fence not being bright enough or mold, repeat the steps above as necessary.
- Stain your wooden fence or use a sealant to ensure the fence will stay new looking. Don’t use paint on your wood fence! Allow the stain to dry and you will find your Virginia Beach wooden fence to be looking good as new.
At Hercules Fence of Virginia Beach, we pride ourselves in our extensive styles and options of wood fence. Wood fencing provides a natural and rustic look to complement your home. Our sales team can offer you many selections to choose from to accommodate your privacy, semi-privacy, and decorative needs. At Hercules Fence of Virginia Beach, we put safety and environmental awareness first. All of our lumber meets and/or exceeds industry standards, as well as conforms to the latest EPA requirements. Whether you prefer the rich, untreated look of Cedar, or the durable, pressure-treated ACQ lumber, Hercules Fence can accommodate all of your wood fencing needs.
If you choose Hercules Fence of Virginia Beach today, you’ll learn why we’re the best in the business. The knowledgeable people of Hercules Fence have developed a reputation since 1955 for professional service and quality installation. With over 50 years in the fence business, we are well aware that our reputation must be earned anew every day.
Contact Hercules Fence of Virginia Beach today at (757)321-6700 or contact us on our website to talk about a residential or commercial aluminum fence.
Source: Fence Cleaning and Maintenance Tips, Anchor Fence